Fitness trackers are all the rage right now, and rightfully so! They help you raise your activity levels, track your workout progress, and monitor your health and well-being. And, chances are, you’re wearing a fitness tracker on your wrist right now or thinking about getting one in the near future.
Now, not all fitness trackers are made equal! Besides varying capabilities, there are also plenty of styles – from ones with big color screens to minimal screenless bracelets. And although each style has its pros and cons, small screenless fitness trackers always beat the competition by being the most comfortable to wear and having the longest battery life.
So, is this kind of fitness tracker the right one for you? Keep reading this article, learn more about them, and take a look at five of the best fitness trackers without screens that we featured on our list.
What are minimalist fitness trackers?
Each of these fitness trackers on our list made it there not for nothing – all of them are durable, comfortable to wear, excellent for their value, and offer a wide range of data they can collect. As the title states, we stuck with screenless fitness trackers, so widely popular because of the comfortable wear they offer, their high durability, and significantly longer battery life compared to trackers with screens.
Although it might be a bit harder to access your data during a workout or a run with these bracelet-type fitness trackers, they can easily be linked to your phone or computer and accessed there. And, if you wish to wear your fitness tracker to monitor your sleep, none are more comfortable for that than minimalist trackers.
Whoop – 4.0 Health And Fitness Tracker – Onyx
Our take: Whoop 4.0 is an excellent choice if you need a tracker that’s the definition of minimalist design. And if you don’t like one on your wrist at all, Whoop 4.0 can also be easily hidden in your clothes. Overall, it’s truly a high-performance tracker, oriented towards cardio training, and it shines in running and swimming activities. The collected data is easily accessed via a designated app and is continuously tracked for performance comparison.
- Heart rate, skin temperature, and blood oxygen monitors
- Battery life up to 5 days
- Water resistant up to 10 meters for 2 hours
- Replaceable one-size-fits-all bands
- Ultra minimalist design for comfortable wear
CardioMood 287-2 (2nd generaton with multi-channel PPG and Heatflux)
Our take: If you’re looking for something that’s truly something you might want to consider Cardiomood tracker. It’s the only performance and health tracker on our list that’s of medical grade and with that, you know things are getting serious. This sleek and feather-light tracker is perfect both for those interested in their wellness, and those seeking to amp up their sports performance.
Besides, who wouldn’t want to get AI-generated insights made just for you, based on your health, performance, and needs. So, if you’re serious about your health, Cardiomood is a solid contender.
If you are looking for a cheaper option, consider CardioMood 287-1 which is 40% cheaper yet still packed with features compared to competitors.
- GSR-EDA, Heatflux sensor
- Multi sensor algorithms for precise monitoring
- One size fits all wristband
- State of the art PPG sensor with two diodes and Green/Red/Ir LEDs
- Tracks heart rate, heart rate variability, calorie expenditure, steps, activity, sleep, oxygen levels, and core body temperature
- Generates AI-based insights based on your performance
- Battery life of up to ten days
- Small and discreet
- Medical grade Philips Biosening (by PPG) platform for precise tracking
- Data accessible from any device
Oura Ring 3 – GOLD
Our take: If wristband trackers don’t appeal to you, here’s a solution – Oura Ring 3. Lightweight, minimalist, and with vast data-collecting abilities, Oura is one of the best ring trackers on the market. Be sure to position its sensors on the palm side of your finger for optimal tracking, and you’re all set.
- Water resistant up to 100 m (more than 328 ft.)
- Lighter than a conventional ring (4 to 6 grams)
- Titanium: durable and wearable
- Includes size-specific charger and USB-C cable
Jawbone UP2 Fitness Tracker (Black Diamond)
Our take: Sleek, small, and powerful! Jawbone UP2 Fitness Tracker offers activity and sleep tracking and even has a Smart Coach function, accessible via a designated app. So, if you’re looking for something discreet, take a look at the Jawbone tracker.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE connection
- Stores up to 9 months of data
- Tri-axis accelerometer for precise tracking
- Blue, orange, and white LED
- Lithium-ion polymer battery, that lasts up to 7 days
- Charges via USB with magnetic connection; 1 hour to fully charged
- Strap: Medical-grade hypoallergenic TPU rubber; casing: Anodized aluminum with less than 0.5% nickel
- Fits wrists 5.5 to 7.5″ (140.0 to 190.0 mm) around
Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity and Fitness Tracker + Sleep Wristband
Our take: Even if your knowledge of fitness trackers is limited, you must’ve heard about Fitbit. Yeah, it’s pretty famous, and it is all about the wearer’s comfort and excellent tracking abilities. Although most of their trackers have screens, the Fitbit Flex offers the same range of data collection abilities (number of steps, calories burned, sleep monitoring, and much more) and long battery life.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connection
- Designated Fitbit app for easily accessible data
- Lithium polymer battery that lasts up to 5 days
- Water resistant
- Lightweight – the body weighs 13 grams
- Replaceable silicone band
- Vibration mode for alarms
- LED lights to track your day’s progress
Misfit Wearables Flash Fitness and Sleep Monitor (White)
Our take: Last but definitely not least on our list is the Misfits Wearables Flash, a tracker that does not require charging. Yup, no chagrin whatsoever, as it comes with a replaceable battery that lasts up to 6 months. After that, you can just get a new one and continue your use. Another interesting feature that Misfits Flash offers is remote control of all connected household devices. That is, of course, besides tracking activities and sleep.
- Splashproof disc with red LED progress and time display
- Smart button to control connected household devices
- Step, distance, calories, and sleep tracking
- Splash/rain resistant but not suitable for swimming, bathing, showering or other similar activities.
- Wireless syncing with paired smartphone for uploading data
- Replaceable battery that lasts up to 6 months